beta email

General discussions and other topics.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by allison » Wed May 29, 2013 8:11 am
Not sure if this is the forum to list problems I'm having with the newest email system but here goes.

I still don't like the way that screen real estate is divied up. With this new system I have a smaller effective screen of the message.

I'm trying things in the dark since there are no instructions about how to open an email or how to delete (for example.) Sometimes I succeed, sometimes I don't. I don't know why--bugs? I'm not in the proper seated position? can't tell. Sometimes I'm reading the email, sometimes I want to delete a few items without looking at them. I've failed more than i've succeeded, the success seemed like a fluke.

I'm not likely to have time to return to this forum to look at responses since previous comments have not been responded to. I'm gonative at sonic if helpdesk or whomever reads this and wants to help me out.

Thanks!
by thulsa_doom » Wed May 29, 2013 10:58 am
There should be a help link up near the top of the interface, leading to https://wiki.sonic.net/wiki/Webmail which has a fair amount of information regarding the desktop browser interface.

Specifically, you can get rid of the preview pane, click the button located between the preview pane and message listing that looks like a downward-facing triangle. The space previously occupied by the preview pane will be used to show more items in the message listing.

To open an email, double-click it in the message listing.

There are several ways to delete a message. Start by highlighting the message (click it once), then either hit the 'd' key or the 'delete' key on your keyboard. Or click on the trash can icon at the top. Or use the select menu labeled "move to" to move the message to your trash.
John Fitzgerald
Sonic Technical Support
by profsmog » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:44 am
When I tried check marking multiple messages, if I was not PERFECTLY in the square, it opened the message (removing all my other check marks) and went to that message. It should be easy to enter multiple check marks, especially for deletion. The new web mail does seem to open new messages quickly, but I still like the appearance of the old version better. The old version used to work well, but now seems to have lots of bugs. Was this deliberate?
by rodrigo » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:46 pm
Fuzzing the area for clicking checkboxes is something I'm working on.
by profsmog » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:52 pm
Thank you. It seemed to work better today.
5 posts Page 1 of 1