new webmail behavior when new mail arrives

General discussions and other topics.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
by mcquate » Tue May 07, 2013 10:17 pm
(1) When a new email arrives any previously received email is marked as read, ie it changes to a gray font.
(1a) Gray fonts are difficult to read (for my old eyes). Please never use them. Keep all text crisp black & white.
(2) When a new email arrives, but I'm looking at email several pages old, the email title area auto-scrolls to the top of that page. In this case, nothing should happen.

(3) When traveling, many times the internet connections are very slow, and I character-based email reader is very necessary.

Please leave your customers a choice of web mail applications so that they can choose the one that fits the situation.

Thank you,
D
by rodrigo » Wed May 08, 2013 10:10 am
Hi there,

What browser and operating system are you using, and what is the version of each?

Addressing #1, might you be able to provide a screenshot? When a message is marked read the title is no longer bold, but it should still be black.

I have confirmed issue #2 and will get working on a fix.

Thank you for the feedback!
by mcquate » Wed May 08, 2013 6:01 pm
I am using XP PRo, and Firefox 20.0.1
mmm, well, the title may be shown in non-bold, and black, but not gray. Maybe I need to change fonts to a "bolder" non-bold font.

Still, I don't think a message should be marked as read just because new messages have arrived, but only if I have actually read it--but what does that mean when the top message is automatically shown in the lower "preview" window?

Maybe there is no way of preventing the highlighted message from being marked as read, but those below it should not be marked as read.

Thank you,
D

Attachments

by rodrigo » Fri May 10, 2013 11:24 am
I'm unable to reproduce behavior where the webmail app automatically selects any message other than the one that was already selected when the message list refreshes, let alone marks any of the others read.

To answer another concern, if you don't want a message marked when it is previewed, you can change the setting for that behavior. Settings -> Preferences -> Mailbox View -> Mark previewed messages as read. You can set it to never mark the message read unless you explicitly tell it to, or to mark it read after a certain amount of time.
by felasant » Sat May 25, 2013 10:18 am
I posted several suggestions, and after one month, it seems the same.
1) I love being able to just put the first letter of my sign-in name, and the name comes up, and then click and I enter. I don't want to have to enter my password each time.
2) When I open my mail, I like to delete or send to spam, several things at one time..... not able to do this with one click, as before....
3) only 4-5 emails show up per page. seems like there is a lot of un-necessary items at the top,and bottom of the screen.
4) I hope you continue to give us the choice to use which ever form of web mail we want, otherwise it's moving to gmail for me.

Things I love about Sonic....... you are always there when I need you, and IN Santa Rosa..... I don't have to 'buy' all the things in your 'bundle' that I don't need....( ie: cell, Cable, home phone, etc.....)
thanks for staying local, and supporting our community. AN
by rodrigo » Tue May 28, 2013 5:53 pm
1) For security reasons, we've decided to disable password remembering in the webmail. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1298&p=7924#p7924
2) There was a bug that may have been affecting selections over the weekend. It should be fixed, and with the fix comes a new method of moving messages. Select them and click the 'Move to' selector beneath the message list.
3) What's your screen resolution? Anyway, it sounds like the preview pane is open. You can disable it by clicking the triangle at the bottom right corner of the message list, or by going to Settings -> Preferences -> Mailbox View -> Main Options and disabling Show preview pane At 1024x768, without the preview pane, you should be able to view 19 rows of mail.

Please let us know if there are any further issues!
by aw » Wed May 29, 2013 9:29 am
rodrigo wrote:1) For security reasons, we've decided to disable password remembering in the webmail. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1298&p=7924#p7924
I don't consider it an issue for myself because I trust the local security on my machine, but my browser (Chrome 28.0.1500.3 dev on Fedora 18) is remembering my password just fine.
7 posts Page 1 of 1