Sonic.net Should Accept Bitcoin

General discussions and other topics.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
by Guest » Wed May 01, 2013 2:51 pm
Let me first say that I love sonic.net's service. Its one of the few companies that actually recommend to friends. I have what I think is a great idea for sonic.net's business model as a way to attract even more customers. I would like to pay my internet bill in bitcoins. I realize there would be some work involved to accomplish this as you would, most likely, want to find a way to adjust the value in btc each month with a the price pegged to one of the exchanges but I think there could be a very large payoff - Imagine the buzz surrounding the first ISP to accept bitcoins!

For those unfamiliar with bitcoin, check out https://www.weusecoins.com/en/ or just google around a bit. I alos run an informative twitter feed about bitcoin but I'm not sure if posting that here would be viewed as spam so I'll hold off unless it is requested.

Who is with me? Lets get sonic.net to accept bitcoin for bill payment!
by Guest » Wed May 01, 2013 3:08 pm
I've been wanting to switch from Comcast and their shit service for a while. Just found out sonic is in my neighborhood, if sonic took BTC that would be even better.
by Guest » Wed May 01, 2013 4:24 pm
Ha, ain't gonna happen soon. Too volatile as a currency.
by thulsa_doom » Wed May 01, 2013 5:37 pm
Guest wrote:Ha, ain't gonna happen soon. Too volatile as a currency.
That's at least 90% of the fun.
John Fitzgerald
Sonic Technical Support
by Guest » Wed May 01, 2013 5:40 pm
They could always use a BTC payment processor(like bitpay.com) to immediately convert their BTCs received into USD at their transaction value at the time of the sale.(surprisingly, also has the benefit of having a lower fee than credit cards, bitpay charges 1%)
by Guest » Wed May 01, 2013 6:21 pm
Guest wrote:
They could always use a BTC payment processor(like bitpay.com) to immediately convert their BTCs received into USD at their transaction value at the time of the sale.(surprisingly, also has the benefit of having a lower fee than credit cards, bitpay charges 1%)
Exactly! I cannot fathom why a naysayer would on this unless they had something to gain..
by Guest » Thu May 02, 2013 12:07 am
It goes both ways. Ask the people who lost out when MtGox was DDoSed and they can't do anything about it. http://news.slashdot.org/story/13/04/10 ... ue-to-ddos
7 posts Page 1 of 1