New webmail vs Squirrel Mail

General discussions and other topics.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
by msarch@sonic.net » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:34 pm
I was told that I could "vote" for keeping Squirrel Mail vs having Sonic force us to use the new webmail format. I've tried using the new format several times and have asked for help and have figured some things out and made some comments. So, I can't be accused of "not trying". BUT... that said, I really, really, really hope that Sonic CEO (Dane) and other decision makers will consider the time out of work schedules that it takes to learn new formats, let alone the simple fact that many of us would like a choice. The new format is ugly, hard to read, and not easier to use. I would never choose it over Squirrel Mail. Please keep Squirrel Mail along with whatever new format you launch. I really also hope that you will show us the new format once revised per comment input to give us a chance to try it out too before launching. Thanks!
by ggdeb » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:27 pm
I'm not in favor of the new format at all. I've got a 24" monitor and the new format extends beyond that!!! I find it confusing to use. And, no color? Boring, Boring, Boring... I really like legacy and have just figured out how to use most of the features on that. Really, what is the problem with leaving a choice for the "little old ladies in tennis shoes"? The current webmail is fine and suits my needs very well. I will really resist using the new format and will look for another way to e-mail if this new format is all Sonic has to offer.
by tyemia@sonic.net » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:33 am
Sorry Dane, I do not like the new format at all. Very few of the links really take you to a login.

The Squirrel Mail is so much cleaner, less clutter, simple and fast to long on.

On the other hand I lover Sonic.net. The service is incredible (especially Riley) he helped me transition. The price
is fair and I can afford it. As opposed to Comcast, which I would never consider.

Dane, you done good my man.

Thank you,
Roberta

Please let Riley know he really made a customer's day. Thanks, again from: Tyemia
by sun@sonic.net » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:35 am
I completely agree with these other comments, I have been a long term subscriber to sonic and have enjoyed squirrel mail. Twice I have been in critical places and needed to pull up my email, but could not - please go back to an easier way to get into the service. Thank you
by rodrigo » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:16 am
Should you prefer it, Squirrel Mail is still available, and is linked from the login page at https://webmail.sonic.net/
by mary » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:35 pm
Thanks again for keeping Squirrelmail!

I just had occasion to bring Sq up immediately between uses of the new webmail: all on the same computer, same browser window, same connection. So much faster!

I've been using the new webmail for its features, but today was looking for something it could not do, so I brought up Sq. Instant, clean, no problems, works! Click on a message and there it is! Click on a mailbox and there it is! For what Sq does, it does much better and faster than the new one, which in comparison is like wading through molasses.
by Guest » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:52 am
This morning in Sq, Chrome even remembered my login and password! Goood little squirrel.
7 posts Page 1 of 1