BETA Webmail

Advanced feature discussion, beta programs and unsupported "Labs" features.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by mcquate » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:02 am
In the oldest web mail, it was possible to view sent mail, highlight a recipient's email address, and copy it (ctrl C);
then begin a new email ("write" or "compose") and paste in the copied address.

In the new webmail is there an equivalent?
How about adding to the address book from a "sent" email?

Thank you!
by kgc » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:29 am
mcquate wrote:In the oldest web mail, it was possible to view sent mail, highlight a recipient's email address, and copy it (ctrl C); then begin a new email ("write" or "compose") and paste in the copied address.
Thank you!
Is there a reason that you don't want to reply to the message and instead start completely from scratch? If you do want to reply rather than start a new message, you can push "Reply" in the button bar or small 'returning arrow' in the message headers. You can also use the 'r' key on your keyboard.

To start a new message to the sender you can just click on the email address in the message headers bar which is easier than copy and pasting the address. You'll notice there is also a "person +" icon next to it that allows you to add that address to your address book.

The to/cc/bcc fields will all autocomplete out of your address book.

Hope this helps!
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
by thulsa_doom » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:05 pm
mcquate wrote:In the oldest web mail, it was possible to view sent mail, highlight a recipient's email address, and copy it (ctrl C);
then begin a new email ("write" or "compose") and paste in the copied address.

In the new webmail is there an equivalent?
How about adding to the address book from a "sent" email?

Thank you!
When viewing a message in full-screen mode (as opposed to in the preview pane) I can click on the name of the sender or any of the listed recipients and it automatically opens up a composition interface with a blank message addressed to whomever I clicked on. In preview mode it doesn't list all the other recipients, but I can still click on the sender to start up a fresh conversation.

Unless you're looking to compose a fresh message to multiple recipients, this would be the easiest way to do what I think you're describing here.
John Fitzgerald
Sonic Technical Support
3 posts Page 1 of 1