erasing emails

Advanced feature discussion, beta programs and unsupported "Labs" features.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by grabob » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:27 pm
I miss the option to "erase" selected items rather than "deleting" and taking another step to remove item(s).
by thulsa_doom » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:29 am
The trash automatically expires messages after a week. No additional step is needed, and this saves us from a fair number of panicked "I accidentally deleted an important message from my boss, help!" situations.
John Fitzgerald
Sonic Technical Support
by grabob » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:58 pm
User can find "deleted" messages easily but erased messages are gone forever. I enjoyed NOT having to "delete" messages twice in order to keep free space.
by kgc » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:43 pm
grabob wrote:User can find "deleted" messages easily but erased messages are gone forever. I enjoyed NOT having to "delete" messages twice in order to keep free space.
You can change that behavior if you like in the settings:

Settings -> Preferences -> Server Settings
At the bottom check "Clear Trash on logout"

And I should clarify - "erased" messages are *not gone forever*. They may exist in our filesystem snapshots, system backups, on tape, etc...
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
by mhinchman1 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:01 pm
From my brief usage of the BETA email system there seems to be some good navigational work done by the developers. However, I think there could be some attention/enhancement of the contrast aspects to the various screens. In other words, I don't think that there is a sharp enough contrast between the displayed content/messages and the background to make it easy for users to view the displayed content - our eyeballs, and brains, need to be able to discern the various screen messages that are displayed.
5 posts Page 1 of 1