Annex M with bonded lines

Advanced feature discussion, beta programs and unsupported "Labs" features.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by gandc » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:44 pm
I'd like to try out Annex M. I understand from previous posts here that I can call 611, and there's a menu item to switch Annex M on/off.

With my dual-line Fusion service, can I turn Annex M on/off independently for each line to get different download/upload ratios? Or is it a both-or-neither proposition?

Do I need to change anything on the modem (Zyxel P-663HN-51) to enable Annex M?

What sort of bandwidth should I expect? I'm at ~5300 wire feet, currently getting 22Mbits down, 2 Mbits up (2 lines x 11/1).

Thanks.

- Derek
by kgc » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:36 pm
gandc wrote:With my dual-line Fusion service, can I turn Annex M on/off independently for each line to get different download/upload ratios? Or is it a both-or-neither proposition?
Derek, at this time it is an either or proposition although it is technically (I think) possible to have the bonded lines running on different profiles. I'm sorry I can't answer either of the other questions since I've only tested the tools in the lab when I wrote them but it is easy to try - it shouldn't take more than a couple of minutes for your modem to sync up again. The self service tools off 611 will also read you out the current sync rates. Let us know how it turns out!
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
by gandc » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:05 pm
Just did the switch - only took a few seconds for the modem to sync afterward.

I'm getting 14.8 / 2.7 Mbits, which isn't quite as high as I was hoping, but it will have to do for now.

- Derek
by virtualmike » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:32 pm
kgc wrote:The self service tools off 611 will also read you out the current sync rates.
I love this feature. Thanks for implementing it!
4 posts Page 1 of 1