Roundcube mail beta: no draft saved indicator

Advanced feature discussion, beta programs and unsupported "Labs" features.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by forest » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:59 am
When I click Save as Draft in the new webmail interface, I get no feedback that anything is done at all. It behaves as if the button doesn't do a thing, and since the button looks dimmer than the Send Message button, it gives the impression that it is completely broken. Closer inspection shows that the draft is being saved. Some visual assurance of this would be helpful.
by thulsa_doom » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:33 pm
A "saving message..." notice appears at the bottom status bar when I use the "save as draft" button along with a little spinning graphic meant to indicate something is being worked on. This is replaced by a bright green check and the words "message saved to drafts."

So we can reproduce the bad behavior, which browser are you using?
John Fitzgerald
Sonic Technical Support
by forest » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:14 pm
Firefox 20.

A little more experimenting reveals that the message does show up sometimes. If I create a new message and click Save as Draft, it shows up. If I open an existing draft, edit, walk away for a while (or change tabs), return, and then click Save as Draft, the message doesn't show up. Perhaps it saved a draft when I wasn't looking, so there's nothing more to save? If that's the case, I still want to see an assurance that my writing was saved when I click the button.
by kgc » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:47 pm
I've added this to our bug list, I can confirm there is no feedback when you click "save draft" when there is nothing to be done (the draft has already been saved and is up to date.)
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
4 posts Page 1 of 1