New sonic.net webmail application

General discussions and other topics.
401 posts Page 3 of 41
by gonative » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:14 pm
more comments: you're wasting all this screen space with your logo and overly large function keys. I don't need to see the folders AND the email list AND the content all at the same time -- this way I can't see anything well. This is not an improvement.
by kgc » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:35 pm
gonative - you could double click on the messages or disable the preview pane by clicking on the 'down arrow' in the corner of the separator bar if that is more to your liking.
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
by kgc » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:42 pm
posthors wrote:The new email of course does not know that although my login is posthors, Sonic has hosted posthorse.com for years, and I have always been bob@posthorse.com. So how do I fix that?
Bob, the first time you logged in in the application prompted you to complete your "identity" with your real name and desired email address (if not @sonic.net) - you can edit your identity by clicking on settings -> identity, select it and then update the fields as you desire.
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
by virtualmike » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:12 pm
aman wrote:With that geeky new Webmail, all my past messages archived with Netscape for some 15 years are down the drain and useless.
Nothing prevents you from using Netscape and accessing your archive of messages. The new web mail system is another method to access, not the only method.
by boll » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:19 pm
Is there a way to display only unread messages?
And maybe a way to narrow it, to get rid of the horizontal scroll bar?
by gonative » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:21 pm
I tried double clicking on both the individual email in the list and in the lower screen and got no change. Don't know what "down arrow you are referring to. Is there documentation that explains how to use this?
by csteen » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:39 pm
As an old person, I find it very difficult to use. I loved squirrel mail, because I could easily toggle (mark) all the junk I wanted to erase at once. Don't know how to do it on the new program. I couldn't even erase one. Please keep the old too. charlene Steen
by ecos100 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:50 pm
I would like to have the option of selecting messages of my choosing and deleting them all at once. The program
appears to me missing the boxes next to the messages that could be selected randomly. I bet you have a name
for this feature and either have a reason that it was omitted or I am missing some new way to do that or:
I have to highlight and delete the messages one at a time; that can't be an improvement if so. ????
let me know,
E.
by aman » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:01 pm
@ "System Architect"

Hey, anonymous "System Architect," how come your crappy new Webmail says that there are no new messages in my Inbox (which doesn't even show up, just the word), even though six (6) new, unread mails have arrived? (Seen thanks to Squirrelmail.)

When I click on the word "Inbox", your amateurish Wundermail just opens another HUGE, endless page. Great job.

=============================

@ virtualmike

aman wrote: With that geeky new Webmail, all my past messages archived with Netscape for some 15 years are down the drain and useless.

Nothing prevents you from using Netscape and accessing your archive of messages. The new web mail system is another method to access, not the only method.
--------------
I know, virtualmike, that within Netscape I can access my archive. I didn't express myself clearly. What I meant is that if I can't receive new mails with my Netscape thanks to the new Wundermail, the Squirrelmail mails arriving before April 22 and the new mails arriving after April 22 won't be on the mail-spool and in the Inbox-Folder of Wundermail (if I can ever find the new Inbox). I want *one* Inbox containing both unanswered old and new mails.

I'm probably still not expressing myself clearly, but I'm too angry to think clearly.

Unhappy Reinhold {Rey} Aman
by csardas » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:19 pm
My Sonic email access of choice is via PUTTY SSH and then Pine. This is via bolt.sonic.net port 22. Will this method still be available after this 'upgrade'?

I rarely access my Sonic email via the web as I find those types of interfaces generally clunky and overly complicated at best. I have all the functionality I need with PUTTY and Pine.

Paul
401 posts Page 3 of 41