e-mail to AOL

General discussions and other topics.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by gheller » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:51 am
I see from the knowledge base that there's a history of problems with AOL, but I found no current issues. I'm a new Sonic subscriber. My primary mail account is on my own domain, hosted by GoDaddy (yeah, I know, I'm changing that soon). Mail that I send from that account to a friend with an AOL account is often delayed by 12-24 hours. Mail that I send to addresses at all other domains goes through promptly. Since this started happening about the time I switched from Comcast to Sonic, I'm wondering if there's a known issue with Sonic/AOL that might be the cause.
Thanks!
by kgc » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:06 pm
I'm not aware of any specific issues getting mail to AOL at this time but would be happy to review the logs to see if there is or was any problem. Ideally you could forward me the message-id of the affected message, but short of that, send me an email with the recipient and an approximate date/time that you sent the message.
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
by virtualmike » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:35 pm
Adding to Kelsey's response, check into the AOL Postmaster Site, where you can find information about sending to AOL addresses and even open a support ticket if needed.
by gheller » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:41 am
Thanks to virtualmike and kgc for your replies. I sent a msg. to kgc with the requested info.
4 posts Page 1 of 1