WordPress Installation

Web hosting discussion, programming, and shared and dedicated servers.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by ckerr » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:21 am
I am trying to install Word Press in 2 locations:

1) In the root folder of wellnessandcleansing.com (where it was installed 10 minutes before but I deleted the files).
2) In the subdirectory of crkerr.com/first church

In both instances I receive the message:
Wordpress could not be set up at the URL and directory you selected.
by joemuller » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:30 am
The reason why you are getting that error is that when you install Wordpress via Member Tools, it keeps track of the files it installs. If, in your case, you delete the files instead of removing Wordpress via the tools, the system panics, because as far as it's concerned, you still have an install in that directory.

If you give our support folks an email or call, they can clear out the mismatch so everything works again.
I'm a proud employee of Sonic.net! :-)
by ckerr » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:01 am
I did call yesterday and this was not suggested - I looked through member tool and could not find an uninstall. So yes I deleted via ftp.
Thanks.
by Terry » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:51 am
I installed WordPress and now would like to uninstall it. There does not seem to be an uninstall tool to do it. Can I just remove the directory using ftp or do I need someone from support to do it?
by joemuller » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:05 am
You can remove wordpress by deleting all the files in the directory you installed it in. Please note that to fully uninstall the Sonic.net "One-click" install, you'll need to either call or email support.
I'm a proud employee of Sonic.net! :-)
5 posts Page 1 of 1