Newsgroups slowww

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by xox » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:17 am
Hi

I'm using a program Sabnzbd+ that downloads from both newgroups servers you've kindly given us access to: supernews and your own. In recent days, the download speeds have dropped from 1.5mbps to about 128k, with periodic exceptions.
by adame » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:30 pm
Can you check the server status in Sabnzbd to confirm you're still able to connect to both news.sonic.net and supernews? It sounds to me like, if your speed dropped to that very specific number, you may only be connected to supernews.sonic.net.
Adam Martinetti
Customer Experience Manager
Sonic.
by xox » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:40 pm
Thanks Adam.

Connection Successful.

However, if you're sure things are good on your end, it might be a problem on my end. I am having some sudden issues with this computer. And it's Ubuntu which I'm still struggling to grasp. :/

BUT I'm not convinced it's on my end. I have astraweb as a backup server. If I make it a primary server my speeds jump right back up to 1.5 where I expect them to be.
by adame » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:09 pm
I just installed and tested sabnzbd on my home connection, and I was able to pull 1.5mb/s. Have you made sure that the backup server box is checked for supernews? You might have to restart sabnzbd after making those changes to notice the difference.

Hope that helps!
Adam Martinetti
Customer Experience Manager
Sonic.
4 posts Page 1 of 1