Question About Fusion Self Install

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by saronian » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:41 pm
I have Fusion at home in Oakland and it is excellent. My wife has ordered Fusion for her work studio in San Francisco where she currently has AT&T DSL (dry-loop). She was told a Technician Install was required because there is no phone number. This sounds logical, but I wanted to confirm with someone who might have direct knowledge.

BTW - I did a Fusion self install at home 16 months ago with only a dry-loop AT&T line.

Thanks for any feedback.

Scott
by dane » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:59 pm
For regulatory reasons and due to limitations from the incumbent, it is not possible for us to "hot-cut" over an existing dry-loop service. So, a new loop must be installed. For a new loop, we now always have a technician visit to assure that the service is delivered completely: any cross connects or wiring changes needed are made, and that performance is as fast as possible.

When you "hot-cut" an existing ATT landline telephone service, a simple re-wire in the central office is possible, so in this case customers can self-install of the equipment at the home. The existing wiring is already connected and working at the various jacks, and all that is needed is filters and the router plugged in.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by saronian » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:09 am
Thanks, I really appreciate your taking the time for a detailed reply.

We're looking forward to the new Fusion service.
3 posts Page 1 of 1