Need Assistance with IONCUBE LOADERS

Web hosting discussion, programming, and shared and dedicated servers.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
by gljohns1 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:36 pm
Hello Folks,

Does anyone have any tips or can provide me with a how-to regarding installing IONCUBE LOADERS. I was able to place the decompressed file on the root of my domain. However, I keep getting an error message that states that I need to change the parameters on the php.ini file. However, when I access the folder that the php.ini file resides and make changes, I am denied the ability to rewrite. I assume its because I do not have write access to that folder. I am trying to install WP-OBS Professional (online booking system) and I am running into a wall with this issue. Any assistance would be much appreciated.

According to Sonic support installing the loaders should be an easy task. Please ADVISE!
"Though you can't go back and begin again, you can start from now and have a brand new end." -Unknown
by adame » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:15 pm
You have the ability to make your own custom php.ini and change its parameters. Detailed instructions on how to do that are available here: https://wiki.sonic.net/wiki/Php5

Hope that helps!
Adam Martinetti
Customer Experience Manager
Sonic.
by gljohns1 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:11 pm
Thank you for your info Adam. I was looking for that..when I try following those instructions I still get the following message:

Transfer the Loaders to your web server and install in /nfs/WWW-data/support/parked/ioncube
Save this php.ini file and upload it to /nfs/www/WWW-data/support/parked (full path on your server).
Click here to test the Loader.

I guess I am confused about the directory path for my site. It appears that there are two and its confusing the heck out of me. one is at the home/g/gljohns1/aninutivetouch.com address and the other is at /nfs/WWW_pages/gljohns1/anintuitivetouch.com - are those directories connected because it doesn't appear to be to me. The one at the home address is not matching the files at the nfs address. If I make changes to the .htaccess file on the nfs address, I lose my site. when I follow the guide and do all of that at the /home/address I still get an error message. Are the directories supposed to be linked...because it doesn't seem to be. I don't have root access so I cant place those ioncube files at the directory location they instruct me to place them. The guide is good but something else is missing from this equation and unfortunately, I don't have the ability to be able to determine what that "thing" is. All I need is for some detailed instructions that offer some more specific examples, the guide gets close but when I implement it, Im not getting the expected results.
"Though you can't go back and begin again, you can start from now and have a brand new end." -Unknown
by joemuller » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:42 pm
I may be able to clear up a few of your points as listed above.

First, the installer is getting confused, because your site shares an IP address with our "domain parked" page. This is part of the Value/Personal Hosting package, so doing a reverse lookup (like the tool is doing) will give the wrong info.

The place you want to install the loaders is in:
/home/WWW_pages/gljohns1/anintuitivetouch.com/ioncube/ (replacing 'home' with 'nfs' will work too)

Even if you link the folder in your home directory, that link will not work on our web servers, as they can only touch your web and cgi directories. If you're working in the Sonic.net shell or FTP, the web directory will be linked to by a public_html folder in your home directory.

As for .htaccess files, there are two things to keep in mind:
1.) They apply recursively (top-down), so you want to make sure it's at the base folder of your site (see above) if it applies site-wide.
2.) They need to have an empty line at the bottom - you'll get a 'Malformed header' error on the page if you don't leave the extra line.
I'm a proud employee of Sonic.net! :-)
by gljohns1 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:22 pm
hi Joe,

Thank you for explaining the details like that to me. It makes a bit more sense to me now. I will try doing those things with your instructions.

Gary

Ok..so I got the loaders to be recognized but there is still an issue and it is requesting that I place this file in the following:

/opt/php53/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20090626. I hope this is not asking too much but what's a bit lost in translation is how I can force my php.ini file to supercede the default configuration without breaking my site. As far as I can tell the symbolic links acts like a file not a folder, so I can't even manipulate whats in it.

Also I saw this post does this apply to my situation as well?
williamt wrote:Unfortunately ionCube loader will not run on our existing webhosting cluster.

For it to work you would need to have our custom web hosting service.
And if it doesn't what can I do to get that changed to it? Please advise!
by joemuller » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:15 am
Gary,

After performing a bit of in-depth testing on my own site, I can confirm that the IonCube loader will not work on Value, Personal, or Basic Hosting. We do offer our Custom Hosting as an option for situations such as yours. If you are interested, please send an email requesting more information to support@sonic.net. (Be sure to mention this forum thread as a reference.)

-- Joe
I'm a proud employee of Sonic.net! :-)
by gljohns1 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:44 pm
thank you joe!

i just submitted the request to support.
7 posts Page 1 of 1