Anyway to get more upload?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
7 posts Page 1 of 1
by 1upace » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:31 pm
Currently am running Annex M and get roughly 1 Mbps. I'm in San Francisco and live like 5,000 ft away from the office.
by dane » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:34 pm
1upace wrote:Currently am running Annex M and get roughly 1 Mbps. I'm in San Francisco and live like 5,000 ft away from the office.
At that distance, I'd expect more speed using Annex M. What are you managing with Annex A?

Coming soon we will offer a customer toggle for Annex A (download priority, the default), and Annex M (upload priority.) This will launch first in a call-in tool (IVR), then in an iPhone app so you can use it when you are elsewhere.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by 1upace » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:31 am
dane wrote:
1upace wrote:Currently am running Annex M and get roughly 1 Mbps. I'm in San Francisco and live like 5,000 ft away from the office.
At that distance, I'd expect more speed using Annex M. What are you managing with Annex A?

Coming soon we will offer a customer toggle for Annex A (download priority, the default), and Annex M (upload priority.) This will launch first in a call-in tool (IVR), then in an iPhone app so you can use it when you are elsewhere.
I haven't tried ANnex A yet. Is it better then M?
by 1upace » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:36 am
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2376644081.png

Here is my result with Annex M
by thulsa_doom » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:04 am
Is that with Annex M enabled just on your modem or did you have Support enable it on our end, too?
John Fitzgerald
Sonic Technical Support
by 1upace » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:21 pm
thulsa_doom wrote:Is that with Annex M enabled just on your modem or did you have Support enable it on our end, too?
I contacted support before i set the modem to Annex M, so they did it on their end as well.
by dane » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:37 pm
Update on this, see:

Beta feature: Upload/download speed priority toggle
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1095
Dane Jasper
Sonic
7 posts Page 1 of 1