BETA Webmail Feedback

General discussions and other topics.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
by suel » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:39 pm
Hi,
I have only used the new mail client once and then only briefly. I find the UI layout much easier to use than the old mail client. I use Outlook/Entourage 99% of the time, so it may be that the BETA Webmail UI is more like Outlook than the old UI. I would get frustrated all of the time with the old mail UI; it seemed like I could never find what I wanted, or it was never where I expected it to be.

Likes for BETA Webmail:
Really like the drag and drop area for attachments. I used it and it worked great.
Again, the UI layout seems more intuitive to me and much easier to find what I want.

Dislikes for BETA Webmail:
Please "freeze" (an Excel term--not sure if it's used anywhere else) the top row of whatever folder I'm in. For example, when I'm in the Inbox and am scrolling down, the column titles scroll out of the frame. I often like to filter on Subject, From or Date after finding a particular message and don't want to have to scroll back up to the top to be able to do so. This is a pretty big oversight IMHO.

Thanks for listening,
Sue
by mikalelu » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:31 am
My sentiments exactly...good feedback!

I especially hope that Sonic heeds your suggestion to "freeze" the header row, so that we can easily identify the column names as we scroll down.

Michael
by kkerwin@sonic.net » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:49 pm
How does one change text and font settings in the new mailer?
by mikalelu » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:04 pm
To change the default font...

Settings > Preferences > Composing Messages > Main Options > Default font of HTML message (at bottom of list of Main Options)
by Guest » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:05 am
Suddenly, only Inbox is showing up on the list of folders on the left. Did you break something?
by Guest » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:11 am
...solved it. The tiny + and - on the Inbox icon. Kind of a silly and not-very-useful feature, with potential for confusion. Why would anyone want such a thing.

I would like to be able to display the To: address in a folder either in addition to or instead of the From: address. I archive my Sent folder, and the archive shows the From: only. All from me, of course--not useful!
by Guest » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:25 am
...and I see now where one can add To, though that does it for every folder. Looks like From/To is To for Sent and From everywhere else. Ideally, one would like to be able to specify that an archive folder is a "sent" folder. Either that, or allow the columns to differ from folder to folder.
7 posts Page 1 of 1