ATT Slow speed

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by wudabum » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:26 pm
Currently, I have AT&T for internet with their dsl line and it is really slow and they couldn't upgrade me to a faster speed due to stability issues with their line. As a matter of fact they actually downgraded my speed when a tech came and inspected the line. If I go with Sonic for internet, is that going to have the same effect on my speed?
by dane » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:57 pm
If you qualify for the Fusion service, which is ADSL2+ as opposed to the older ADSL1, you may see slightly improved performance. Or, it could be similar - it's impossible to really determine until we try.

If you do not qualify for Fusion and we offer you the AT&T line share DSL product, that's what you have already (but with us as the ISP), so it would be the same line, port and equipment as it is today.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by digitalbitstream » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:30 pm
I've talked to a few people who switched from ATT to Sonic and saw a significant speed boost. Definitely call sonic: the people who answer the phone have brains, and can help figure out if it will work for you at your location. Someone I know called sonic, asked if their location work work, and sonic recommended not using sonic!
3 posts Page 1 of 1