Sending a Fax - Destination out of Order

Advanced feature discussion, beta programs and unsupported "Labs" features.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by Rick » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:58 am
I have been trying to send faxes for over 6 months, but they are never successful. It appears to "retry" several times and then I get a message ERR DESTINATION_OUT_OF_ORDER . At first I just assumed the destination was not working or was incompatible. The fax goes through without issue when I use a regular fax machine. Today I tried to send a fax to 5 different numbers and each time got the same error. When I sent from my fax machine, they went through without a hitch. I've tried to send a fax to my own fax machine, the machined does not even ring, and I get the "err destination out of order" message. Anyone have an idea of why I can't send a fax?
by oharelaw » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:59 am
I have been trying to send faxes for over 6 months, but they are never successful. It appears to "retry" several times and then I get a message ERR DESTINATION_OUT_OF_ORDER . At first I just assumed the destination was not working or was incompatible. The fax goes through without issue when I use a regular fax machine. Today I tried to send a fax to 5 different numbers and each time got the same error. When I sent from my fax machine, they went through without a hitch. I've tried to send a fax to my own fax machine, the machined does not even ring, and I get the "err destination out of order" message. Anyone have an idea of why I can't send a fax?
by virtualmike » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:53 pm
oharelaw wrote:Anyone have an idea of why I can't send a fax?
How are you entering the fax number into the screen?
by kgc » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:33 pm
This should be fixed now, it looks like an issue deep inside the system used to send faxes properly handling an apostrophe in one of the headers.
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
by virtualmike » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:03 pm
Yowza.
5 posts Page 1 of 1