fusion fiber

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by karl » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:52 am
Hi all,
I became a fusion customer here in Sebastopol in the hopes of getting the fiber eventually. Every time I inquire about when they might get to the southern end of town (yes, I am in the "blue" zone), I get a political style answer (even from Dane). I never get an actual real answer from Sonic..
In the mean time I had a nice chat with the ATT tech who was installing a bonded 25mbps service next door (neighbors phone line goes through my property). Seems as though ATT finally placed an RT (Remote Terminal) not too far from here and is able to deliver >3 times the speed that I currently get on my sonic DSL line.
I do not plan to change service any time soon, but sure looks like ATT is finally getting the higher BW services to Sebastopol customers.
Ratty
by thulsa_doom » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:26 pm
We're not trying to be political or evasive here; it's currently hung up on some CPE and technological issues that we don't have an ETA on.
John Fitzgerald
Sonic Technical Support
by dane » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:59 pm
John is right in regards to the purple area on this map:
http://corp.sonic.net/ceo/wp-content/up ... th_key.png

That portion is built, the fiber is on the poles and ready, but we are awaiting changes to our customer premise equipment, provisioning methods, installation process, backhaul and more.

With regards to the blue section, that portion is still in engineering, and has not yet been built. We expect license to begin construction in 3-5 months.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by rmoniz » Fri May 31, 2013 10:44 am
Hi Dane,

Not to give anyone false hope, but I live on the edge of the purple area (Anthony Street). Last year the work you stated was completed, and today a group of trucks from the high performance team is connecting Anthony Street to Valentine Ave. There was a slight implication during the conversation that this was one of the last steps before we can expect the magic to happen.

Regards,

Rob Moniz
4 posts Page 1 of 1