Time Capsule/Airport Express IPv6 working

Advanced feature discussion, beta programs and unsupported "Labs" features.
25 posts Page 3 of 3
by macmaxbh » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:04 pm
Thanks, dllopis! It looks like the IPv6 DNS issues I was seeing was because I had the wrong delegated prefix (I was using my transport range, not my network range). Changing to what you showed and making sure I had IPv6 DNS servers configured look to have resolved the issue.

You seem to be listing two separate IPv6 LAN addresses in the screenshot you have there (one is entered, one is the expanded address on the right)...in my setup I'm using the base address given to me with the delegated prefix and it seems to be working (when I tried using the IPv6 default route address as you did in your expanded address things were definitely broken).

Still seeing some fragmentation issues (that I posted about separately) when running netalyzer but I doubt there's anything I can do about that.
by dllopis » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:13 pm
The long & short addresses are synonyms. Since not a lot of people understand IPv6 Address representation, I put them both.
by macmaxbh » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:18 pm
What I was saying is that those two addresses are different--2001:5a8:4:4250::84a != 2001:5a8:0:1::84a.
by dllopis » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:24 pm
Ah, got it. I screwed screwed that up; I’ll go edit the image. Thanks for picking up on that.
by jamilbk » Fri May 24, 2013 10:55 am
For those of you with the 7.6.3 update and higher, the settings have changed slightly. You need to fill in the "IPv6 Delegated Prefix" field with the Network:: field from Sonic, including the /60. Also, fill in the "IPv6 LAN Address" field with the Network:: field from Sonic, but this time omitting the /60.

Other than that, the previous instructions still apply. Hope this helps!
25 posts Page 3 of 3