new email opens only to last pg. of emails-why???

General discussions and other topics.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by cr-email » Mon May 20, 2013 5:45 pm
Your new beta email program consistently opens on the last page of my saved emails. I can't figure out how to get to Page 1. Why does this happen? How can I fix this frustrating issue???
by rodrigo » Mon May 20, 2013 7:58 pm
Hello!

My gut reaction is that it's remembering the last page you were on.

Each time you close the webmail application, it remembers the state it was last in. If you close it when it's on page 2, for example, it'll remember that when you re-open it.

To get back to the first page, look at the tool bar at the bottom of the message list. Just to the right of Messages X to Y of Z, there is a series of arrows. Click the left-most of them to get back to the first page.

If that doesn't fix your issue... When you say 'last page' do you mean that it literally opens the last page of results? At the bottom of the messages list it'll have a bar with a few buttons and a bit of text in the middle that says Messages X to Y of Z. Is the first number (X) 1 or some other number?

It could be that the sorting got changed somehow. Again, click the left-most of the page navigation buttons, and then click the header for the Date column until the sorting is the way you want it (with the newest at the top, I think).

Let me know if that doesn't solve your issue!
2 posts Page 1 of 1