Legacy e-mail going away?

General discussions and other topics.
27 posts Page 3 of 3
by wildfolk » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:49 pm
thulsa_doom wrote:
wildfolk wrote: Sigh. It doesn't matter what I do. All of the directions are counter-intuitive. If there were check boxes, as in ATmail or Squirrel mail or something, I'd be able to pick and choose which ones I want to delete, but the way things are done in Wundermail, I can't pick and then delete several. I'm not double clicking, but the stupid thing won't do what I want it to, so I have given up. Until I'm forced to use the stupid "innovation", I'll go back to ATmail, which at least makes some sense. :x
Single-clicking on a message causes it to take over the whole screen? What browser are you using?
I'm using Firefox.
by thulsa_doom » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:55 am
wildfolk wrote:
thulsa_doom wrote: Single-clicking on a message causes it to take over the whole screen? What browser are you using?
I'm using Firefox.
Odd, I've been unable to reproduce this behavior in Firefox 20.0.1. Do you have any extensions that might be changing javascript behavior in the browser? Perhaps a pop-up or ad blocker?
John Fitzgerald
Sonic Technical Support
by wildfolk » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:41 am
The only pop-up or ad blocker I have (that I know of) is the accelerator which blocks banner ads. Really, this is the least of my problems, though.
by wildfolk » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:47 am
I just want to add that I have two mailboxes that are solely accessed through Webmail. If I can't download them, and the new Webmail doesn't work for me, I can't check them. Unless you at least allow one of your legacy webmail programs to stay, I'm out two mailboxes. If I would be charged for each one just so I could download my mail, it's not worth it to me. Not a happy camper, for obvious reasons. :(
by dane » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:34 am
@wildfolk,

Why do you use webmail for the mailboxes? You could add them to your desktop or mobile client, with IMAP. Is there a reason not to use a faster, local mail client?
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by rocks » Wed May 01, 2013 3:20 pm
I am not in favor of Squirrel Mail going away. Please keep it. I prefer it over all the other interfaces. It's clean, simple and works great on mobile devices. I also like having random color backgrounds each time I log in. That little setting is a lot of fun. Please keep squirrel mail! I use it the primarily.
by Ben » Wed May 01, 2013 8:50 pm
rocks wrote:I also like having random color backgrounds each time I log in. That little setting is a lot of fun. Please keep squirrel mail! I use it the primarily.
Never noticed that feature before! Kinda fun actually. One more reason to keep Squirrelmail around.
27 posts Page 3 of 3