New Sonic Webmail - Wasted Display Space

General discussions and other topics.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by mlthorn » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:46 am
The new email display format wastes WAY too much display real estate with the top banners and edging. I normally use a 10" netbook to read webmail. The email message viewing area is so small only a few lines of text can viewed even with small fonts.
by thulsa_doom » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:32 pm
Have you tried it with the preview pane disabled?
John Fitzgerald
Sonic Technical Support
by mlthorn » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:57 pm
Yes, I can disable the preview pane and open and then close individual messages to see more of the message. I can stretch the preview pane a little and sacrifice the inbox list as well. I find it convenient doing the majority of communications by simply using the preview pane on other email interfaces including Sonic's Advanced. My input to Sonic is that, in my opinion, the new webmail has wasted valuable real estate. The large black bar at the top (actually two lines) is huge. The two lines could be combined and the "Sonic.net" font size could be greatly reduced. The dark gray header bar (containing search) below the black header could be cut in half. The preview window could extend all the way to the bottom of the window.......
Either way, this is not at all a show stopper for me; I'm just providing feedback on the beta version. I'm glad to see that Sonic is finally settling in on a single webmail interface.
by thulsa_doom » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:07 pm
Thanks for that. The size of the button bar and such above the message listing has been brought up by others as well and we're currently working on an alternate layout that is more conservative about empty space.
John Fitzgerald
Sonic Technical Support
4 posts Page 1 of 1