new interface initiation panel

General discussions and other topics.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by jimdiehl » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:12 pm
The initial screen provides a few fields with no explanation of which -- if any -- are required. I didn't want to supply any information for any but the submit button would not work. there are obviously requirements that some but not all must be filled in. This should be explained at least minimally!
by kgc » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:55 pm
We'll look into making it either clearer which fields are required or eliminating the required fields altogether after reviewing the behavior of other clients.
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
by jimdiehl » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:56 pm
I'd like to revise my forum comment. Why do you want people to add that other 'alias' name or whatever you label it? I don't need any other minutiae associate with my account.
by kgc » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:20 pm
This is normal and expected behavior for a mail client - most people want their real names to go out with their email and many people make use of email signatures. All but the email field should be made optional and we're going to discard the organization field since that's of no real use to anyone. We're probably also going to use the dialog to prompt for a select other configuration choices like "Compose mail in HTML or Plain Text".
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
4 posts Page 1 of 1