New beta webmail *clunky* for iPad

General discussions and other topics.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
by jhs » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:46 am
Sorry, I don't like it on my iPad. It doesn't scroll right. I can't shrink the page to fit my screen width nor scroll to the right to see everything. The settings don't scroll up. I can only highlight one email at a time. Guys, this new beta version is a step backward!!

Please keep the old Sonic "atmail" in Basic mode (any browser) for iPad & iPhone!! I can select multiple messages with checkboxes, and there is no mouseover funny business which is not available with a touch screen. Does the job perfectly!!
by virtualmike » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:27 pm
Why don't you use the iPad Mail app?
by jhs » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:25 am
I do use the iPad mail app. But only after I have gone through the Sonic mail, reviewed & removed bulk spam, and removed more spam from my inbox. When my mail is "clean" then I close Sonic mail and open my iPad mail app. All I really need from Sonic mail is the ability to check boxes in front of unwanted messages (individually or all on a page) and delete them.

I seem to get roughly 20% to 30% spam in my inbox even after the spam filter (which already isolates 200 to 300 per day!). So it's important to me to have an easy (checkbox) way of deleting them.

My ultimate mail client is Outlook 2010 on my desktop computer. But I use that computer only every few days, and I am on my iPad & iPhone constantly all day.

Seems to me you should be optimizing and migrating toward simple mobile interfaces rather than hyper-elaborate desktop interfaces that are becoming less used. (PC sales are down compared to mobile.) A simple browser-based interface would satisfy the legacy dial-up crowd, the mobile crowd, the touch screen crowd, if you must cut back to just ONE interface. But I cannot imagine that TWO interfaces would be a big maintenance problem. But FOUR or FIVE interfaces? Yes, I get your point. Too many. Should be possible to please everybody with just TWO.

I can't comment on Squirrelmail. I have never used it. The Atmail with the Basic option is my favorite. Thanks.
by virtualmike » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:51 pm
OIC. Makes sense. My mailboxes hosted at Sonic.net don't get that level of spam.

Nice Scotty. I miss mine.
by jhs » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:59 am
Totally off topic. We have 2 Scotties - one black and one wheaten. There's going to be a Scottie gathering of about 15 to 25 dogs plus owners on June 15 in Santa Rosa. Anybody who loves Scotties can come. You'd get a chance to pet a lot of them! Let me know if you want details.
by virtualmike » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:59 pm
Thanks for the information. I've made a note!
6 posts Page 1 of 1