Using Sonic on Macs

General discussions and other topics.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
by oaklandraider » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:02 am
AT&T modems have problems supporting Macs and I run into all sorts of errors.
Is Sonic better at supporting Macs?
by bobrk » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:04 am
I don't have any issues with my old Sonic Zoom modem, running the ethernet out of the modem into an all Apple network with no problems.
by dane » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:05 am
oaklandraider wrote:AT&T modems have problems supporting Macs and I run into all sorts of errors.
Is Sonic better at supporting Macs?
I wouldn't expect the type of system at your premise to matter when it comes to a simple Internet connection. PC, Mac, Linux, tablets, etc - all should work, really on any ISP's network.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by xox » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:28 am
I and many, many Sonic.net customers have networks full of Macs. Mind you, you may be referring to some issue with a really old Mac, in which case I couldn't swear on anything.
by artistinthehood » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:07 am
Just a note from the peanut gallery here: I signed up for Sonic umpty-up years ago for one reason only. I had an Amiga 2000. My old ISP got bought out and there were a limited number of ISPs that would allow connection if you did not have a PC. Fewer still allowed a Mac. They wanted you to run THEIR software and did not want to deal with the "fringe". Maybe 3 allowed anything you wanted to hook up. Sonic was one.

Sonic then had the reputation of being for "techies". Whenever I called tech support I would explain I was not a "techie" and to speak real slowly to me and not use big words. It worked.

I stayed with the Amiga (wonderful machine!) until switching to a Mac maybe 10 years ago. I only retired my old power PC Mac last summer. Through all those years, never a problem with any function on Sonic and never a problem Sonic's support of a particular machine.
by ankh » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:29 am
Suggestion, look for noise sources. Got a phone line close to and parallel to an AC cord, for example?
6 posts Page 1 of 1