Mailman subscription management issue

Web hosting discussion, programming, and shared and dedicated servers.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by pv » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:17 pm
Lately a mailman list I manage appears to have become a target for robotic spamming of its subscription tool, whereby some subscription requests for email addresses using numbers like so, e.g. "7075431234@provider.com" may have been approved. However, the list member management tool uses only alphabetic letters for admin of subscribers, in blocks. Can Sonic's system operators view our subscriber list in its entirety, and simply delete any and all addresses of this type for us?
by augie » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:18 pm
You just need to do this one-time, and not in an on-going fashion right?

Send your request to support@sonic.net and the System Operations folks should be able to take care of it.
by pv » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:14 pm
Thanks, Augie. Since I posted the question, I looked at a couple of other small mailman lists I manage, on different accounts, and it seems that list member arrays show grouped subscribers by the first letter only for existing subscriber addresses' first letters. If there aren't any member addresses beginning with say "b", there simply isn't any (B) address grouping. I'm pretty sure this would apply for addresses beginning with a number as well.

So I've concluded that I don't need to worry about group invitations to subscribe to a successor list (with private address) to all the subscribers remaining after a purge of the visible unwanted addresses in the current list which is subject to invasion.
3 posts Page 1 of 1