How much does fusion really cost?

General discussions and other topics.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
by Guest » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:32 pm
I see the listed price of $39.95, but can someone tell me what I can expect to pay per month for fusion service after including modem fee, taxes, and any other fees. I'm in SF.

Thanks.
by thulsa_doom » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:54 pm
$39.95/month circuit fee
+ $12.76/month in taxes & fees (for a residence)
+ $6.50/month for equipment
--
$59.21/month total
John Fitzgerald
Sonic Technical Support
by dane » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:03 pm
You can find the per-city voice taxes and fees here:

http://www.sonic.net/solutions/home/int ... es#example

The equipment fee is separate, $6.50 for the residential service currently.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Odcad » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:15 pm
I am currently use ATT as my phone service provider. I would like know if I still have to pay anything to Att after switching to Sonic.

The reason I am asking this is that I used DSL Extreme as my ISP. However, I still have to keep my ATT phone line in order to keep DSL extreme Internet connected. I really Sonic is not the case as DSL Extreme.
by wa2ibm » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:01 pm
With Sonic Fusion, there are no charges from AT&T. Fusion includes dialtone as well as Internet connectivity.
by ericeslinger » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:19 pm
It's also worth noting that you can buy a DSL modem fairly cheaply- I got one from amazon for about thirty bucks. This lets you bypass the equipment rental entirely. Of course, when (not if) it breaks, you have to fix it, and you have to be ready to set it up yourself. The sonic tech installed the wires and made sure my box was working, but then it was up to me to reconfigure the modem so that it worked with my router, and so on.

I'm paying about $50 a month total, including taxes and whatnot. Totally worth it.
by toast0 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:22 pm
FYI, you can't bypass equipment rental if you're a new customer.
7 posts Page 1 of 1