ZTE

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
2 posts Page 1 of 1

ZTE

by newmanc » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:08 am
I followed all the instrictions at https://wiki.sonic.net/wiki/ZTE_ZXV10_W300 to configure my ZTE wireless router, but I get a message telling me I have an invalid IP when I try to save the configuration. It appears I need to enter something in "IP Alias".

I have had two wireless routers (one ZTE the other a Netgear) scrambled by power problems. Resetting both of them returns them to working order, but I cannot seem to solve the problem of "IP Invalid or in wrong format" on the ZTE router. If i leave the DNS settings at automatic on the ZTE router, I do not have the problem, but if I try to enter any DNS settings, I will get that error.
by newmanc » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:46 am
I found out that there is something about Sonic's DNS addresses that the ZTE does not like. I can put in the DNS addresses for the filtering service I use for my wireless routers, and it works fine. Using the DNS servers on OpenDNS solves the problem. There is something about Sonic's DNS server addresses that the ZTE router did not like when I entered them.

And here are some other questions. Can I block certain ports on the ZTE like I can on the Netgear router. I know that people are going to be banging on my wireless routers trying to get in, so I created a guest access on the Netgear, and have all UDP ports 1024 and above blocked, so that Bittorrent cannot be accessed. Can I do something like this on the ZTE router?

I can allow restricted open Wifi on the netgear router, because I can wholesale block things like BitTorrent and illegal file sharing networks, by blocking all UDP ports 1024 and up. Can I do something like this on the ZTE router? Rather than have everyone banging on the router trying to get in, I find it easier just to leave it open, but with filtered access to block out any illegal sites that could cause trouble.

ANd can I change the port for the administrator interface on the ZTE to something other than 80, so I can continue to use on of my PCs as a web server? As long as the ZTE's interface is on port 80, I cannot run my web server, because it also uses port 80.
2 posts Page 1 of 1