Comcast feuding/locking out Sonic?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
6 posts Page 1 of 1
by jwbeland » Fri May 24, 2024 1:07 pm
As of 2 days ago, my email client won't communicate w/ Comcast. Wondering if Sonic and Comcast have a feud going on? Or if Comcast/Xfinity changed a setting that hasn't been documented? My wife, who uses a Mac and its native email client has the same problem. (I use Windows 10 w/ Vivaldi, and my old Opera Mail client has the same issue.)
by dane » Fri May 24, 2024 2:02 pm
jwbeland wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 1:07 pm As of 2 days ago, my email client won't communicate w/ Comcast. Wondering if Sonic and Comcast have a feud going on? Or if Comcast/Xfinity changed a setting that hasn't been documented? My wife, who uses a Mac and its native email client has the same problem. (I use Windows 10 w/ Vivaldi, and my old Opera Mail client has the same issue.)
Nothing that I'm aware of. Are you using your email client to access your old comcast.net email box, is that what you're referring to?
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by virtualmike » Fri May 24, 2024 2:51 pm
Check that your Xfinity Email account(s) is configured for third-party email program access.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/article ... ail-access
by jwbeland » Sat May 25, 2024 3:14 pm
I've been using Vivaldi's email client successfully for 2 years, getting email from sonic, gmail, and comcast. Then, suddenly, I couldn't download my comcast email, tho sonic and gmail still worked. Now, suddenly after 3 days, comcast seems to be back to normal! I don't get it. Best guess is that Comcats/Xfinity "upgraded" something which caused a glitch which 3 days to fix.
by jwbeland » Sat May 25, 2024 3:16 pm
For the record, I canceled my comcast account ~3 mos. after I switched to Sonic, but Xinity/Comcast told me I could continue to use my old email accounts. So I've gradually been switching over to sonic or gmail.
by virtualmike » Sat May 25, 2024 9:14 pm
We cancelled Comcast in 2019. Only the primary account is still active. Attempts to log into the secondary account require a password reset, which requires a connection to Xfinity Wi-Fi.

I tried to "manage" the secondary account through the primary account, and that page told me that the account is not eligible for secondary accounts since it no longer has active service.
6 posts Page 1 of 1