Change forum username

General discussions and other topics.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
by kintobor » Tue May 14, 2024 10:11 am
Hi, I'd like to change my forum username without deleting previous posts. I've created a new mailbox and called into Sonic technical support but they were unfamiliar with the process and said to ask in a forum post.

Previous threads:

viewtopic.php?t=36
by brandonc » Thu May 16, 2024 1:15 pm
michaelsanders wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 10:11 am Hi, I'd like to change my forum username without deleting previous posts. I've created a new mailbox and called into Sonic technical support but they were unfamiliar with the process and said to ask in a forum post.

Previous threads:

viewtopic.php?t=36
I'm sorry we could not help you achieve this on your initial call with us. Since it is a pretty one-off question, I believe our reps just didn't know how to accomplish this.

The forum username is linked to your main Sonic account login, so to change it, we would need to change your Sonic username overall. This would include changing your forum username, your main Sonic email address, and your Member Tools username. It also would incur a $5 fee to change it. Feel free to call our technical support team when you're available to do this, as we'll need to do our verification process, since this incurs a charge to the account.

After it has been changed, the old forum posts will still reflect the old username, so we'll have to have our software engineering team edit the previous posts on the back end. If you do change it, just let the technical support agent you're speaking with about that, so they can contact our SOC department to get that done. I made a ticket to them already when inquiring about this for you, so the ticket will be visible on your account and the technical support agent can easily handle it from there.

If you have any other questions or need additional help, please let me know.

Kind regards,
Brandon C.
Community and Escalations
Sonic
by kintobor » Fri May 17, 2024 11:47 am
The forum username is linked to your main Sonic account login, so to change it, we would need to change your Sonic username overall. This would include changing your forum username, your main Sonic email address, and your Member Tools username. It also would incur a $5 fee to change it.
The previous forum post I linked to said it was possible to change the forum username to another mailbox without modifying the main login. I'm fine with either since my Sonic email is currently unused but would prefer to only update the forum username.

Will try calling in about this again, change fee is fine. Thank you
by brandonc » Fri May 17, 2024 12:02 pm
michaelsanders wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 11:47 am
The forum username is linked to your main Sonic account login, so to change it, we would need to change your Sonic username overall. This would include changing your forum username, your main Sonic email address, and your Member Tools username. It also would incur a $5 fee to change it.
The previous forum post I linked to said it was possible to change the forum username to another mailbox without modifying the main login. I'm fine with either since my Sonic email is currently unused but would prefer to only update the forum username.

Will try calling in about this again, change fee is fine. Thank you
Oh I'm sorry, I guess I misunderstood. I was under the impression you did not want to utilize another mailbox/login and instead just wanted to update the one you currently have.

In that case, we can migrate your past post history to be linked to the new mailbox with no fee since you're not updating the main account username.

Let me know when you're ready to have that done and I'll send a message to our operations team.

Kind regards,
Brandon C.
Sonic
by kintobor » Fri May 17, 2024 12:06 pm
Oh great! I'm ready for that migration ASAP. There should be only one other mailbox on file for my account, which I'd like to switch this forum user to.
by brandonc » Fri May 17, 2024 1:06 pm
michaelsanders wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 12:06 pm Oh great! I'm ready for that migration ASAP. There should be only one other mailbox on file for my account, which I'd like to switch this forum user to.
No problem. I will let our software engineers know right now, and I'll follow up once I've received word that it's been updated.

Kind regards,
Brandon C.
Sonic
by mike.ely » Thu May 23, 2024 1:46 pm
michaelsanders wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 12:06 pm Oh great! I'm ready for that migration ASAP. There should be only one other mailbox on file for my account, which I'd like to switch this forum user to.
Can you do me a favor and do the following?
  • Logout from your michaelsanders account
  • Login as the mailbox account
  • Post here as that account so I can see it's ready
  • Logout from that account and wait for an email
This will get the user set up correctly within the forums and associated systems and logging out at the end will help ensure there won't be any caching issues in your browser once the change is made.
Sonic Operations
7 posts Page 1 of 1