Petitioning to drop voice bundling

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
32 posts Page 4 of 4
by sruben2034 » Tue May 21, 2024 2:00 pm
Yes, please make this a reality soon for 1G customers - neither are copper. It is the right thing to do with action to remove junk fees and misleading pricing at the state and federal level. If you advertise a price for your services, it should be the price we pay. Full stop.
by jiceman » Thu May 30, 2024 1:52 am
jerrielm wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 10:10 am Hello Everyone,

Thank you for all of your feedback and comments related to voice service. While at this time we are not able to remove the phone service from our Fiber 1gig services. We do allow customers on 10gig to do so. You can visit https://members.sonic.net/connections/s ... e/#/change to start the request to upgrade to 10 gig fiber.

The charge for the upgrade is $300, which is added to your bill over 3 months. Most customers pay $10 for the phone service and around $18 in taxes, so the upgrade cost will even out within the first year. (Please note that you will need to downgrade your service to no voice once your service is upgraded to 10gigs)

We are still looking for a solution for our customers on 1gig. Hopefully, we will have news for you guys soon.

Best Wishes!
Thanks, it is good to hear this update. For my location, 10gig is not yet available.

Can you explain what is the equipment upgrade that is necessary? Is it a different ONT?
I currently do not rent a residential gateway (I use my own router). Does 10gig require that I rent a gateway/router?

I noticed the text below on your Request Upgrade page:
Once Fusion 10 Gigabit service is available at your home, Sonic may provide you with a self-upgrade kit, support, and resources to complete your upgrade. If a self-upgrade kit is shipped to you, you must return your Fusion 1 Gigabit equipment within 30 days of receipt of the kit or you will be charged $149 which will be applied to your preferred method of payment on file.
Please verify what equipment is included in the self-upgrade kit. And what I would need to return.

Thank you,
John
32 posts Page 4 of 4