10g "Request Upgrade" available (for 94112)

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
22 posts Page 2 of 3
by soniclvr » Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:09 pm
dane wrote:We are seeking financial commitments so we can help fund the CO side upgrades and also to steer the priority we place on each CO, shelf and slot. So a process that would require confirmation wouldn’t be viable for us as many might request upgrades (which entails agreeing to pay for them) and then simply decline it after we made that investment.
Financial commitment is fine. I'm talking about asking for confirmation to ship anything. Specially if this is happening years down the road?
by aanon4 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:40 pm
Where does one find this "Request Upgrade" option? I checked in Member Tools / Internet Connections / Upgrade or Downgrade Services ... but got the usual "Nothing available at your address" :-( This is somewhere else?

Thanks
Tim
by dane » Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:40 pm
If you have 1Gbps Sonic fiber, that’d be where it’d be displayed.

If you have any other product, we know you want Sonic fiber, and all new Sonic fiber is 10Gbps so there’s no upgrade request needed.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by aanon4 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:38 pm
dane wrote:If you have 1Gbps Sonic fiber, that’d be where it’d be displayed.

If you have any other product, we know you want Sonic fiber, and all new Sonic fiber is 10Gbps so there’s no upgrade request needed.
I have "Business Fusion 2Gbps Dual Voice" ... and 10Gbps would clearly be better, but I have no option to upgrade. Do I need to downgrade my service to 1Gbps first?

Thanks
by dane » Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:36 am
We don’t yet have a business Fusion Fiber 10G product - I’ll talk to product team to see what the plans are.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by aanon4 » Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:43 am
dane wrote:We don’t yet have a business Fusion Fiber 10G product - I’ll talk to product team to see what the plans are.
No need really. I have this current product for the bandwidth, and since 10G is greater than 2G I would switch in a heartbeat.

So ... how do I register to do that given there's no way from the members tool?

Thanks
by aanon4 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:16 pm
So .. what am I suppose do to here? I realize the 2g/1g package was never popular, but feeling a little orphaned :-(
by dane » Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:06 pm
aanon4 wrote:So .. what am I suppose do to here? I realize the 2g/1g package was never popular, but feeling a little orphaned :-(
We'll be re-working our business packages, certainly well before the upgrade would be available. Please stand by!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by imaginecloud » Thu May 09, 2024 9:12 pm
I was sold on Sonic's 10GB internet and will be switching to another provider due to my need as a startup being able to deliver platform services in HA with my homelab centered in San Francisco!!! yet and still limited mediocre bandwidth and unfortunate bait and switch tactics of false advertising, I signed up 3 years ago in the promise of upgrading 94122 to 10 GB i put the request in for it every quarter. I moved to the city thinking it would definitely have 10gb because in Atlanta I had many options even living in Northern suburbs. Sigh pointless rant
by aanon4 » Thu May 09, 2024 11:19 pm
Dane,

6 months since this and i wondered if there's been any progress?
dane wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:06 pm
aanon4 wrote:So .. what am I suppose do to here? I realize the 2g/1g package was never popular, but feeling a little orphaned :-(
We'll be re-working our business packages, certainly well before the upgrade would be available. Please stand by!
22 posts Page 2 of 3