When will I get sonic internet?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
14 posts Page 2 of 2
by kaichan91 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:08 pm
dane wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:50 pm When we do have estimated dates, you'll find them in the Fiber Status section of the Member Tools.

That said, I think you'll hear some valid criticism of the estimated dates we've published over the last two years. Many cities have begun to delay or to block our deployments, and the published dates as a result have been widely missed in some communities. We've struggled to meet the goals of providing accurate time-frames, because components like permit issuance or cities asking for some new agreement that other cities haven't required can add months or even years of delay. And some cities have just stopped projects entirely, by blocking key components of the utility infrastructure. Lots of challenges.

What can likely help is two things: more people in each community pre-ordering the service, and also those community members letting their City leadership know they are eager to see the new service installed without unreasonable obstruction or delay.
Hi, sorry for piggy-backing off this thread, but are there any notes on issues impeding progress of the San Gabriel Valley area (ie. Arcadia, Temple City)? Having more details on our areas' situations seem very helpful, especially if we want to help push for your service to be available where we live.
by majortom » Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:40 pm
dane wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:02 am I checked our notes and it looks like we've been working there on site acquisition for a central office hut location. Current status seems to be that we're in dialog with the City about an easement where this could be placed on City property.
That is great to know, thanks for that information.
Processes like this take variable amounts of time, and have uncertain outcomes. Until we get completely through engineering and into construction with permits in hand, we aren't really able to provide any good estimates on timelines. It's widely variable, based upon whatever local requirements exist with both the infrastructure and City policies and processes.
I did not request an estimate, just a more granular list of steps in your process. Simply providing a checklist of items that have been done and those that have yet to be done would make it clear that things are actually happening.
by pfallon88 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:53 am
Edit- See post below
by pfallon88 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:11 pm
dane wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:02 am
majortom wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:40 am
dane wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:50 pm When we do have estimated dates, you'll find them in the Fiber Status section of the
What would be more helpful is something more granular than: “Pre-Construction”. Redondo Beach has been in that phase for almost a year. If there is no way to know that anything is even happening at all, it is basically useless (and very frustrating).
It's widely variable, based upon whatever local requirements exist with both the infrastructure and City policies and processes.
Hi Dane,
I’ve talked with some members of the Lawndale city council and the city manager here in Lawndale, 90260. Just over from Redondo Beach.

These were brief chats in passing - but it sounds like there maybe is some progress on using the poles? But maybe discussions ongoing about how the drops have to be made?

Any more insight or perspectives would be most welcome.
14 posts Page 2 of 2