Gigabit Fiber in Bernal Heights

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
131 posts Page 13 of 14
by rustyhodge » Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:36 pm
Here's a question for @dane -- Can you ever connect an "island" of overhead service to the rest of your network via private property? For example, my street has above ground utilities but they are connected at the end of the street via underground.

But, at the top of my street, there are 2 hours and an Apartment building that span my street and Ripley street, where you offer service. Would you be able to "light up" our street that way? (Maybe in exchange for the right-of-way access give that house free service?)
by soonahn » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:38 am
My fiber status page still says March, and we're almost at March. Could it be? Is it possible?
by jcaseysf » Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:06 am
Probably not. I've not seen any sign of sonic trucks in Bernal. I believe until we see them around the area, we will keep getting pushed out by two months. It's likely they are waiting on city permits. Wish there was a way to track the city process
by matt0023 » Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:13 pm
yeah it's a bummer that it's currently almost a week into March and the status page says March 2024. Really should say July or something so we don't get our hopes up. :lol:
by lunulair » Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:53 am
Yesterday this said 'March 2024':

Your forecasted fiber live date is: May 2024
So there's the two-month jump again. This is like 'Catch 22' where no one can ever complete their required number of missions because Col. Cathcart keeps raising them whenever they get close.

Come on, Sonic, just get rid of your worthless 'Fiber Status Tool' and don't bother us with this charade. Whatever you tell us is meaningless at this point, and you know it.
by matt0023 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:59 pm
lunulair wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:53 am Yesterday this said 'March 2024':
Your forecasted fiber live date is: May 2024
So there's the two-month jump again. This is like 'Catch 22' where no one can ever complete their required number of missions because Col. Cathcart keeps raising them whenever they get close.

Come on, Sonic, just get rid of your worthless 'Fiber Status Tool' and don't bother us with this charade. Whatever you tell us is meaningless at this point, and you know it.
Heh too funny. I was worried the person in charge of updating the the FST page to some nebulous date had been laid off! Good too see they're back on track :-D
by jcaseysf » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:27 pm
Mine still says March, but no sign of any trucks. Maybe they did layoff the forum and tool update guy.
by xconverge » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:59 pm
Everyone relaxxxxx, I have seen trucks and runs going up in south bernal.

I see a truck today doing some work at the trunk, table set up and everything.

It will come when it comes :)
by jcaseysf » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:40 pm
You are very much correct. They've completed all along jarboe and as far as i can tell the north south streets as well. Ive got a new cable running past my house labeled sonic. All completed today. Im sure it will take bit of time for them to light it up amd connect to houses, but hurray!
by lunulair » Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:09 am
From the Sonic Fiber Status Tool:

"Your forecasted fiber live date is: June 2024"

Coming up:

"Your forecasted fiber live date is: Q3 2024"

After that: "Fall 2024"
131 posts Page 13 of 14