pace 5268 will not bridge

Advanced feature discussion, beta programs and unsupported "Labs" features.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by chandos » Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:22 pm
I had a Pace 5268ac for 5+ years. It allowed port forwarding in bridge mode to Mikrotik router. I changed from 1 of 4 static IP's to another. Bridge mode stopped working. Calls to tech support x4 did not help. One tech said, " Only 0.1% of customers use static IP's". Great. Thanks.

Another, nicer support person said I could get a new Pace 5268 (which apparently is the only option Sonic offers for my location). I got the new one. It has the same problem. A third tech support person apologized for the new modem advice and stated there was a "known bug" in the Pace 5268. But offered no other help.

Now I have spent 2 weeks trying to get back the functionality I had for years. How can Sonic help, please? This topic appears frequently in the help files, however, tech support personnel do not seem to be aware of the problem and generally insist that they have no solution. My frustration level is rather high. Having been a Sonic customer for several decades, with ~5Mbps d/l max and < 1 Mbps u/l for over $125/mo seems very unreasonable. Sonic is based in Santa Rosa where I live. What has happened to this once-respectable support team?
by jerrielm » Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:15 am
Hello!

I am sorry to hear the issues you have had with getting your router set into bridge mode. Sadly, with the 5268s on any ADSL2+ service, setting them into bridge mode can not be done. This is because Pace is not updating this router anymore and we cant issue out a fix for this. I suggest looking into modems that can replace the 5268 or maybe a switch. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Best Wishes!
by chandos » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:55 am
So basically you're saying Sonic provides and charges for a product that is the only modem certain users can use which does not work as it is supposed to.

Sonic's own curent documentation for this product states indicates bridge mode is possible and explains how to do it.Support staff also has explained this, apparently non-existent, prpduct potential.

This disconect seems to be a rather peculiar instance of corporate cognitive dissonance. Have you any explanation for Sonic's behavior? Perhaps Mr Jasper could elucidate the corporate mechanism which has produced this situation.
by jerrielm » Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:45 am
chandos wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:55 am So basically you're saying Sonic provides and charges for a product that is the only modem certain users can use which does not work as it is supposed to.

Sonic's own curent documentation for this product states indicates bridge mode is possible and explains how to do it.Support staff also has explained this, apparently non-existent, prpduct potential.

This disconect seems to be a rather peculiar instance of corporate cognitive dissonance. Have you any explanation for Sonic's behavior? Perhaps Mr Jasper could elucidate the corporate mechanism which has produced this situation.
Hello!

Bridge mode is an unsupported mode that we can only help walk customers through. It takes away the ability for us to do any troubleshooting. If you are using our router just to bridge, you can more likely find a router for cheaper (Year overall cost) online on Ebay or Amazon

Thank you for bringing up the misinformation that we had in our Wiki. We have updated it so it properly reflects the limitation when using it on an ADSL2+ error and confusion

Best Wishes!
4 posts Page 1 of 1