Fiber in Menlo Park, CA?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by dsinha99 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:58 am
Hi, I signed up for Sonic internet several weeks ago. The initial communication seemed to show my address as available, but the following message said in 'pre-construction'. I understand that this means you're waiting on permits from the city, etc.

I was curious if you have any insight on the time between 'pre-construction' to actual installation? Are we talking months or years?

Regards,
DS
by jerrielm » Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:11 am
Hello!

I would say this order might be, at most, a year out. With it being in the pre-construction phase, most of the time, we will experience delays but work quickly to resolve them. I would say about 3 months for each phase as a minimum. I hope this helps!

Best Wishes!
by crbowman » Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:58 pm
I ordered Sonic May 15th of 2023 and I'm still in preconstruction. I have no idea what's really going on but I wouldn't hold my breath. I'm fortunate enough to have gigabit ATT fiber and while Sonic is cheaper and less expensive for more bandwidth (but no static IPs) I've really been pleased with the reliability of the ATT service. Once I got rid of ATT's box it's been really good.
3 posts Page 1 of 1