Sonic/ATT Fiber Internet Service

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by scottrlarson » Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:38 am
So recently I wanted to check if I can upgrade my speed tier for my fiber service and was told that Sonic can't provide the faster service because I am on ATT lines and since Sonic has canceled their contract with ATT (Sounds more like ATT canceled sonic, unlawfully) I cannot get faster tiered service without switching providers.

The biggest problem I have with this is that it appears to me that Sonic was not really transparent about this when the cancellation happened.

In the past, Sonic would be really forthright about changes to the service by sending out specific email communications to all its customers, now I hear that it was mentioned on a previous sonic bill in a hidden way.

Why was there not more transparency about the specifics surround the Sonic/ATT contract cancellation?

This is not what I am use to, if there is changes to how Sonic can provide service, why cant you be forthright about what is going on?

I'm in a real bind now with my business because I know I am going to get really bad service (all around) with both Comcast and ATT. I'm feeling forced into switching to service providers that are harmful to the community.
by theyipper » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:54 am
I received at least a couple of email notifications. That was a while ago and I had to stick around with ATT for quite some time until Sonic were able to install their fiber on the poles.
2 posts Page 1 of 1