Condo Complex Fiber Install

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by sndman2004 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:45 am
My brother lives in a Condo complex in Concord and is very jealous of the 10G fiber I am getting installed on Friday. He checked and his address says it’s not available but the single family homes around him are available. Is there a way to coordinate to get fiber run for the condo complex? :D
by dane » Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:31 am
I looked at the mapping for your address, and I'm guessing you're referring to the red or grey roofed buildings to the West of you, is that right? If so - it'd appear those buildings have underground utilities, both entering the property and for distribution between the buildings. If the building ownership can provide access to an empty conduit, as they did for the Telephone and Cable companies, it's certainly possible that Sonic could deploy.

Unfortunately, many buildings such as this were constructed at a time there were only one or two utilities, so they often did not include any conduit beyond that required for the old utilities of the day. If that's the case, the property would need to invest in a new third conduit pathway to all of the buildings and up to the property line.

Hope this helps!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by sndman2004 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:32 pm
It’s 1524 Matheson Rd off of Clayton Rd in Concord, if that helps? He’s happy to go to the HOA to see if they can get something worked out, is there a way to get a sales person to go to an HOA meeting to pitch Sonic if they’re open to hearing you guys out?
3 posts Page 1 of 1