LAMORINDA wants Fiber - Dane get us some love!

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
22 posts Page 3 of 3
by bmah » Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:32 pm
Didn't get any response to my email inquiry from last June. I put an inquiry into an AMA posting by the City of Lafayette on their Facebook group. Will report back if I get any meaningful response.

"Does the City of Lafayette allow/encourage competitive development of Internet Service Providers other than the duopoly of AT&T and Comcast? What regulations or policies exist around access to utility poles, or microtrenching / directional boring? I believe there are a number of residents who would welcome another provider such as sonic.net for high-speed Internet access, but they would require deployment of their own physical (fiber optic) infrastructure."

@dane: I wrote this based on one of your postings earlier in this thread. If there's a way to improve it, please tell. Thanks!

Bruce.
by bmah » Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:26 pm
This is what I got back from the City of Lafayette:

Code: Select all

The City does not have any specific regulations or policies that prohibit additional telephone/internet service providers from coming to Lafayette. However, if the provider needs to do work in the City's right of way, they would need to apply for an encroachment permit.
Is that useful?

Bruce.
22 posts Page 3 of 3