Sonic email sevice warning

Web hosting discussion, programming, and shared and dedicated servers.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by anakin » Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:17 pm
I recently received the email warning from Sonic. I use Thunderbird as an email client for my gmail and hotmail email accounts. I use this for personal emails and do not send anywhere close to 5,000 messages a day. Do I need to worry about the coming DMARC enforcements or am I okay as I am now?
by mjrichards » Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:42 pm
anakin wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:17 pm I recently received the email warning from Sonic. I use Thunderbird as an email client for my gmail and hotmail email accounts. I use this for personal emails and do not send anywhere close to 5,000 messages a day. Do I need to worry about the coming DMARC enforcements or am I okay as I am now?
We have a similar question, for our modest number of received and sent emails.
As far as I know I have never used my Sonic email address (and don't remember why I even have it.)
We use Apple Mail as an email client on the computer.
We also use Earthlink webmail to send and receive emails - and now I wonder, in light of these new instructions, if we will need to stop SENDING emails through Earthlink webmail.
by annkay » Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:37 pm
I use Apple Mail and have email accounts at custom domains not hosted by Sonic. As of 4 PM yesterday, I cannot get or send emails from these accounts using my sonic wifi - other wifi and cellular fine.

Sonic, you need to roll this back and work with your customers for a smoother transition. It is affecting more people in more ways and far sooner than your email indicated.

Hugely frustrated,
JK
by kgc » Sun Jan 07, 2024 2:14 pm
annkay wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:37 pm I use Apple Mail and have email accounts at custom domains not hosted by Sonic. As of 4 PM yesterday, I cannot get or send emails from these accounts using my sonic wifi - other wifi and cellular fine.
If you're having trouble with your email, please open a ticket or call support so they can assist. It's exceedingly unlikely this has any relationship to the DKIM changes made on our systems.
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
4 posts Page 1 of 1