Sonic 10 Gbps and another Question

General discussions and other topics.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by johnsonic7 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:05 pm
I live @94513, is 10 Gbps available or if not how much would they be if it is?

and my actual download speed is really bad, I would steam game download 45+ gig, only does half the speed from before to 12-16MB/s down from 30+ MB/s from before, just happened one day, Speed test seems are between high 600k-800k down/800k up but the actual down is much much terrible!

check everything, same settings etc, any ideas why?

any idea?
by brandonc » Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:40 pm
johnsonic7 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:05 pm I live @94513, is 10 Gbps available or if not how much would they be if it is?

and my actual download speed is really bad, I would steam game download 45+ gig, only does half the speed from before to 12-16MB/s down from 30+ MB/s from before, just happened one day, Speed test seems are between high 600k-800k down/800k up but the actual down is much much terrible!

check everything, same settings etc, any ideas why?

any idea?
Hi John,

We don't have our 10gbps Fiber available in your area yet, but we are working to expand it as quickly as we can. I hope that we can reach your area in the near future!

In regards to the speeds for your current service, I checked the connection to the ONT (Fiber Modem) on our end and I don't see any indication of issues on your line. You mentioned that your speed test results were showing 600k-800k download and upload speeds. Did you mean it's testing 800kbps speeds or did you mean 800mbps? 800kbps is REALLY slow, so if that's the case, then there's likely something wrong with your device or our network and we'll need to troubleshoot with you more.

Kind regards,
Brandon C.
Community and Escalations
Sonic
2 posts Page 1 of 1