Changes made to HTML not showing on browser

Web hosting discussion, programming, and shared and dedicated servers.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by metlsmth » Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:56 pm
Hello!

I am trying to update my webpage. I can get the files and put the newly edited files back into the webspace. But when I try to view them, the browser does not show the updates.

I use Safari as my browser. I have tried clearing the cache (as I've heard this can be an issue) but to no avail. I've tried using Firefox, but the web pages still do not reflect the edits.

I typically use Dreamweaver, but I also tried using Fetch to make sure Dreamweaver isn't the problem.

With Fetch, I can download files I edited in Dreamweaver and see they've been edited. I even made a test HTML file in Notes and uploaded it with Fetch, but I still can't seem to be able to access it through the browser.

Is there any way my account can be checked?

Thanks!
-SB
by joemuller » Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:50 pm
Hi SB!

It looks like you were uploading to your home directory (normally only useful if you are using shell.sonic.net) rather than your web directory. I noticed you were missing the public_html shortcut/symlink, so I added that. If you need to give a full path to Dreamweaver or Fetch, you can get that by logging into Member Tools, then navigating to Web Sites / Domain Names -> Hosting -> Change Hosting Directory, clicking 'Modify' next to the site you want to check, then copy/pasting the directory listed under 'Current hosting directory'.

-- Joe M.
Sonic System Operations
I'm a proud employee of Sonic.net! :-)
by metlsmth » Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:58 pm
That did it!

thank you very much!
3 posts Page 1 of 1