Bluehost CPanel Not Loading Unless on VPN

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
1 post Page 1 of 1
by seaneee » Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:40 pm
Hey all, I've been trying to log in to my Bluehost cPanel for the past few days. I can log in to my account page but clinking on the CPanel link times out. Email retrieval is also an issue. Interestingly, using a cellular hotspot or VPN works fine, but not otherwise.

Another problem was selecting the right login page. Using the direct Bluehost site login resulted in an authentication error. An alternate link worked to get me into my account, but still would not load CPanel.

Today, after logging in with the alternate link and trying to load CPanel, I noticed the URL scheme started with the link that gave me an authentication error:

my.bluehost.com/web-hosting/cplogin?goto_uri=/frontend/bluehost/index.html

I changed to link to start with the alternate URL:

my.bluehost.com/cgi/dm/cplogin?goto_uri=/frontend/bluehost/index.html

Nothing happened except a page reload. BUT... after that, all links started working fine and I started to get email. Even the initial sign-in URL worked. I also tried it on other devices and worked as if there was never an issue. I don't think it's a cache/cookie thing as I cleared them several times and used a few different browsers. So what gives?
1 post Page 1 of 1