Caller ID Info Text Messaged to Cell

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by lindoga » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:56 pm
I have switched from a VoIP service that had the feature of sending a text message of the Caller ID information to my cell phone. This is a very useful tool to be informed who has called my home phone number, especially if they did not leave a voice message.

It would be great to have this developed as an added feature to Fusion Phone service.

Glenn
by dane » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:24 pm
Interesting idea. So even for missed calls, you'd get a text?

Will you add this to our idea vote box, so we can see if there's interest from others? http://sonicnet.uservoice.com/forums/138102-feedback
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by tikvah » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:33 pm
I think it's a great idea. Something I might use while on vacation.

Unfortunately, the idea vote box is not a good way to gauge support. I voted there and there is no feedback unless I go log in and trudge through everything. Sometimes feedback shows up on the RSS feed, but most of the RSS feed for that feature is a notice that there is a post I'm not authorized to see. New posts to that feature never show up. I have to go log in and and go through all the suggestions.

My suggestions I thought were good ones but they never got feedback from staff or customers and only a couple of votes. Does that mean they're actually duds? Maybe. But far more likely that the voters are mostly like me and went there once, voted, then never bothered to return. And that there are almost no voters anyway. The vast majority who do bother to vote seem to vote for "bring fiber to my street." Also, once you've used up your votes, you can't vote anymore. Unless you dig back into the backlog to see which ones to unvote for to free up your votes.

Why create a new site to log into? Why not use the existing forums or the Sonic.net website (in a very obvious place) with easy voting and comments.

Cyndi
by dane » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:41 pm
tikvah wrote:...
Why create a new site to log into? Why not use the existing forums or the Sonic.net website (in a very obvious place) with easy voting and comments.

Cyndi
All reasonable criticisms of the Uservoice tool. Our plan is to integrate it into our main site much more tightly, but we just haven't had the time. This would likely get us much more participation, and clearer direction from customers.

Our team here (including myself) needs to be better about giving feedback about ideas, and clearly declining those which are not useful or not something we are going to pursue. For example, "build more fiber" I suppose we can accept (as we are), or decline (as we are not likely on the street they want us to.) Either way, it would eliminate the item which has little meaning over all.

The votebox concept can work well, but I think it needs to be promoted. If you have suggestions for the interface itself, the service has it's own suggestion box and FAQ, see here: http://feedback.uservoice.com/ - I'm sure they would appreciate suggestions for improving the service!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
4 posts Page 1 of 1