news service issues

General discussions and other topics.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
by kgc » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:49 am
The host that handles our inbound article number and feeding crashed hard over night. One of the disks lost its label (how does that happen!?) and so I had to restore the news data from backups. Things seem to be working okay again, but our article numbering will likely be messed up until the numbering server catches up to where it was before it crashed.
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
by xox » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:32 pm
Is this referring to news.sonic.net? I ask because tonight I'm getting "too many connections" errors with just five connections.
by kgc » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:39 pm
Yes, to answer the first part simply, but the only issue should have been that no new news would be showing up in the overviews. Articles fetched by ID (ie, nzb) should not have been affected by this. I spent most of the day getting the server back up (again) instead of cleaning out my rain gutters.

It looks like there may have been some unrelated issues with one of our upstream providers that might have led to timeouts and other issues when trying to fetch articles this evening. Things seem to be okay now.
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
by xox » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:31 pm
Thanks I really appreciate your tireless efforts in this area!
by jmunowitch » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:51 am
I, as well, Appreciate your tireless effort on the news server!
by virtualmike » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:26 pm
xox & jmunowitch wrote:...appreciate...
+1
by Guest » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:44 pm
virtualmike wrote:
xox & jmunowitch wrote:...appreciate...
+1
+2
7 posts Page 1 of 1