Disconnects kill my phone.

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
15 posts Page 2 of 2
by erickpk » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:39 pm
I'll pass this on to the techs when they get here tomorrow, thanks.

I'm not missing filters. We only have 1 phone that's connected to a jack (3 remotes) which was filtered by the installer with filters out of the box.
by dane » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:41 pm
erickpk wrote:I'll pass this on to the techs when they get here tomorrow, thanks.

I'm not missing filters. We only have 1 phone that's connected to a jack (3 remotes) which was filtered by the installer with filters out of the box.
Understood. I was making a more general comment - as clearly you've got troubles with even POTS voice, it's quite clear there is much more to the issue than just filters. Missing filters can interrupt data - but bad voice is a good hint that the troubles run much deeper than this.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by erickpk » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:22 pm
lol, oh don't tell me that! I'm crossing my fingers hoping that after moving to the new binding post all these issues will simply evaporate.
by dane » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:01 pm
Well, by "much deeper", I mean it's not just a simple missing filter. More likely an outside wiring issue.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by erickpk » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:11 pm
Please give the two guys who came out a raise... seriously. They earned it today.

Turns out there was a short in the pair Fusion was using and there was some issue with the old post. The moved everything to the newer post, changed out the pair, then discovered that I was losing 1MB in between where the line was coming in and jack I was using.

AT&T charged me $150.00 a year ago to run new lines. Turns out they didn't use the proper cable for outside AND they didn't bother to seal up the holes. Your guys ran new (proper) cable and now I'm hooked up good and proper. The only issue left is to remove a bridge tap, which should happen sometime next week. With any luck I'll see another MB or two?

Thanks a bunch for excellent service.
15 posts Page 2 of 2