Support ticket #2068177

Web hosting discussion, programming, and shared and dedicated servers.
1 post Page 1 of 1
by dsisley » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:11 am
I am having trouble with one of my clients' sites. This is a Drupal e-commerce site using PayPal to process payments. This set up requires that PayPal's IPN messages are able to get through to Drupal for processing. Since mid- to late-May, this process no longer works correctly. I have cloned the site to my own personal server, and it works fine. The problem does not seem to be in the underlying Drupal code, nor in anything that PayPal is doing. That leaves a change at Sonic.

We have spoken to Sonic support about this a few times and have been told that the only changes made to the Basic Hosting system is that Directory Indexing is now disabled. I think that there must be something else that has happened to the set up to cause this. Further details can be found at the ticket # above. We've been advised that in order to get the attention of 'operations' it's often best to post something in the forums.

So, I'm doing that, but I have to say that there should be an internal mechanism that will push unresolved technical issues to the attention of the appropriate team members. I recommend Sonic a lot to people, based largely on the quality of their tech support, and have been a customer myself for years. My client is disappointed that this has been so slow to resolve, and I am personally troubled by the idea that a customer should have to go to the forums to ask for further help when phone support has not resolved the issue.

Sorry for the gripe. Any help would be awesome.

-dave sisley.
1 post Page 1 of 1