New email app to supersede the "Advanced" ?

General discussions and other topics.
13 posts Page 2 of 2
by sonomana » Mon May 28, 2012 10:09 am
For myself alone, there is little trouble in using any of the Sonic email apps. I actually appreciate seeing something of the individual personality of the designer being expressed in various ways. For example, the first time I notice that a button which I think might be labelled "Save" is actually labelled "Add Entry", a slight smile brightens some thin layer of my subconscious awareness as I click the button. Thereafter, I just click it when needed.

The problem we're facing is in asking folks whom either are marginally capable with contemporary business-standard desktop or cloud apps like gmail or Microsoft Outlook, or are connected via mobile device, to use any of Sonic's email choices to conduct interactions with the public and with one another. Some of these folks feel threatened when they can't find the "Save" button - and they don't understand why they have to "Add Entry" before they can "Add Recipient".
by virtualmike » Tue May 29, 2012 1:23 am
sonomana wrote:The problem we're facing is in asking folks whom either are marginally capable with contemporary business-standard desktop or cloud apps like gmail or Microsoft Outlook, or are connected via mobile device...
The great thing about Sonic.net's system is that your folks can use any of those systems to access their email, while retaining your non-profit's domain hosting at Sonic.net.
by aw » Tue May 29, 2012 9:36 am
tikvah wrote:John, I hope you're not suggesting that Sonic is going to stop supporting email
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe%27s_law
13 posts Page 2 of 2