requesting new sonic webmail feature

General discussions and other topics.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by beneficialbug » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:29 pm
I keep getting charged extra for being over email limits and keep trying to clear out but had not seen a way to get to all the 'm's or all the 'k's in one list. I finally called today to find out how to do it after my many painstaking efforts over time to get rid of considerable email (I feel like I would want to keep maybe 500 total between the inbox and the sent box but have thousands). I have been struck by trying, then, to go in order from the front to back of my email load but am continually brought back to the front of things, before 'a', and have to keep pressing forward if I am trying to get to one particular letter section. This is tedious and results in my giving up long before I would have in trying to clear emails. I assumed there was a way as is standard with other email programs and finally made the call today to get that figured out, only to find out that is not a feature with Sonic at all. Huge oversight, and here's the result for sonic: when it is made so difficult to reach to a section by letter, people just let things pile up, as I do. That's not good for Sonic and it's most definitely not good for Sonic customers.

One of the email issues for many of us is that we get put onto email loops and end up getting multiple responses around one email, many from people not even in our email address books, and often not people who we would be adding to our address books. This makes handling email a hassle, that issue not being from Sonic, of course, but not being able to delete them easily if not deleted the first day means it all piles up. If I could quickly go through A-Z every week I'd be clearing out by the truckload once I got things down to the dramatically lesser number I intend to have stored, at least for a time.

Please get this standard feature into the repertoire and let me know when you do, and please make it easy. I am one in my early 50's who uses email for social justice work and work-for-money, but have zero interest, or seeming ability, to figure out complicated sets of instructions of how to make something work in an email program. I need to be able to have the ability to type in 'n' and have it bring up all the emails from people or groups whose names begin with 'n'. Now if I type in 'n' I will get piles of emails which I guess have 'n' somewhere in the name, but not just starting with 'n'. Again, this will be worth Sonic's time (especially if you send an announcement out to users) since many people will then easily delete a lot of email probably weekly, if not sooner.

I've been overall really happy with Sonic service and the customer service but this is a very significant lack I look forward to seeing fixed.

Thanks,
Max
by virtualmike » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:43 pm
Why not use an email program on your computer to handle this? You'd have a lot more flexibility and it would be a lot faster, as well.
2 posts Page 1 of 1